Friday, January 28, 2011

My God Box

I have always struggled with worry. In fact, it's a struggle that several members of my family have as well. I know that worry is not from God and that worrying will not change any outcomes. But I still find myself lying awake at night with it all. When I saw a post on Ella Mae's Barn Gathering about the God Box, it really hit me as something I wanted to incorporate into my own home. The concept was to write down your worries, put them in the box, let them go, and trust that He would take care of them.

I went to Hobby Lobby a few days later, and found this red box in the Christmas clearance section. I placed it with a picture that my Mom cross stitched for me years ago. I added in a lamp, a jewelry box my hubby made for me, and a handmade kaleidoscope we found during our time in Florida. It's a quiet space in the corner of our bedroom, with an antique chair and side table that I can sit quietly in during nap time. Perfect for focusing on those things that I need to hand over to Him. Things I need to trust He will take care of in His time and in His way. And even though my kiddos are still to young to understand the concept of it all, I look forward to passing it on to them later on.







I also wanted to thank Rondell at Something Nice and Pretty, Holly At Hoosier At Heart, and Lauren at West Furniture Revival for thinking of me with the Stylish Blogger Award. Be sure to check out all of their lovely blogs!


11 comments:

  1. I love it! I need the same box for fear! :(
    thanks for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard of this before and think it is a wonderful idea. I have been training myself for YEARS to let go when I start. Most of the time it works and I let God have the worry, sometimes it just keeps hanging on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need a big box right now. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ashley! I've been wondering how you have been and meant to shoot you an email. :-) I absolutely love this idea and have spent way too much time in my life worrying. It has very often consumed me and is a daily test of my trust and faith in the Lord to let things go. I find that so often my worry is about control...and letting go of control is scary. I appreciate you sharing this and I'm definitely going to try this idea out on myself. Blessings to you my friend!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  5. seriously love this idea. love. have a wonderfilled weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea. I would think most of us can't help but worry to a certain extent. This is a step in the right direction to trust Him to do his thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stopping by from Hoosier at Heart, congratulations on your award.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a great idea, I love your cross stitch behind it:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bless you. I'm was sitting here worrying about everything; the blizzard, my parents, the inlaws, dh on his business trip half a country away, if my kids are getting sick, if I bought enough food or the right kinds to get us through...what silliness! God has and will provide and protect, and we'll all be just fine. I know HE led me to your site today. Blessings, and thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the little red box...I love containers like this for storing special things I want to keep.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!

Search This Blog

Loading...

Total Pageviews