Thursday, January 6, 2011

Coffee Filter Wreath

I have been wanting to try a coffee filter project for awhile now. Then I saw this gorgeous wreath over at All Thingz Related and fell in love. I knew I had to try it. It took me about an hour to do and was fairly simple. Rebekah posted all the instructions on her site, so be sure to check it out if you want to try it. I do recommend adding a dab of hot glue to hold each bundle of filters in place on the wire form because mine moved around alot.



I have made it the focal point of my winter mantel along with a little banner I made from scrapbook paper, vinyl lettering, and twine. I messed up a little in cutting out the first triangle, but I say it just gives it character ;) . I am loving the gorgeous whites on the mantel in my living room so much right now that I am very tempted to change out a few other things to white as well. I will share the whole mantel with you in a few days. This is just the sneak peek for now.







Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!



I'll be partying here:
Inspiration Friday @ Southern In My Heart
Feathered Nest Friday @ The French Country Cottage

9 comments:

  1. The wreath turned out beautiful, Ashley! And the banner is cute, too. White is such a fresh and clean color. Can't wait to see the rest of your mantel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Ashley! That is one of the prettiest ones I have seen in blogland and I think it is because it seems so much more full and truly like gorgeous white flowers all tucked in together. Great job!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is SO cute, Ashley! And I love the banner. I'd like to see what you do with your mantel...I am stuck now that the Christmas stuff is going!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. That turned out so nice Ashley! I love your little banner too. White feels so nice, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun! I've been wanting to try the coffee filter wreath idea, but I was afraid it would look to Christmasy or something, but I can see now that it's perfect for all winter long!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that's a brilliant design idea...
    I didn't know you could make a wreath out of coffee filters:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey girl! Just comin' back by to say thanks for linking up your creative self and your beautiful wreath to the party this week!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello there! Do you know if they make any plugins to protect against hackers?
    I'm kinda paranoid about losing everything I've worked hard on.
    Any recommendations?

    My blog post :: http://refrigeratorwaterfilters.webs.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!

Search This Blog

Loading...

Total Pageviews